EN10028-2 16Mo3 steel grade,16Mo3 steel plate
16Mo3, designated with steel number 1.5415, is an European (DIN EN) steel grade for alloy steels. The 16Mo3 material can be furnished in different product forms in accordance with relative EN standards. Generally speaking, 16Mo3 is a Cr-Mo alloy steel. The addition of molybdenum(Mo) not only improves the resistance to pitting corrosion but also significantly enhances creep strength at elevated temperatures. The chromium(Cr) improves the resistance to high-temperature hydrogen attack and graphitization.
(1) EN 10216-2: Seamless steel tubes for pressure purposes – Technical delivery conditions – Part 2: Non-alloy and alloy steel tubes with specified elevated temperature properties.
(2) EN 10253-2: Butt welding pipe fittings – Part 2: Non-alloy and ferritic alloy steels with specific inspection requirements.
(3) EN 10222-2: Steel forgings for pressure purposes – Part 2: Ferritic and martensitic steels with specified elevated temperature properties(especially, referring to EN 1092-1 flanges.
(4) EN 10217-2: Welded steel tubes for pressure purposes – Technical delivery conditions – Part 2: Electric welded non-alloy and alloy steel tubes with specified elevated temperature properties.
(5) EN 10217-5: Welded steel tubes for pressure purposes – Technical delivery conditions – Part 5: Submerged arc welded non-alloy and alloy steel tubes with specified elevated temperature properties.
(6) EN 10028-2: Flat products(especially referring to steel plates) made of steels for pressure purposes. Part 2: Non-alloy and alloy steels with specified elevated temperature properties.
(7) EN 10273: Hot rolled weldable steel bars for pressure purposes with specified elevated temperature properties.
Typical applications for 16mo3 include a wide variety of power plant device, business exhaust, venting and flare structures and waste recycling and incineration flora. It's also valuable for equipment where components are probably to stay warm for an extended period.
In energy plant life it's far frequently utilized in boilers, super heater tubes, collector and hot steam pipes, range tubes and conduits. 16mo3 is also used in diverse sorts of heat exchanger in both the upstream and downstream oil and gas industry
One example of ways 16mo3 plates is used is in the steel making manner itself. the blast furnace requires masses of hot air to transform the iron to steel and plenty of the output air is recovered and used to reheat the enter and reduce expenses. Historically the blast furnaces are product of general carbon pressure vessel steels; however 16mo3 offers a very good alternative as it is more immune to the large thermal stresses that it undergoes on an everyday foundation. The 16mo3 is also extra proof against the corrosion fashioned with the aid of nitrates as nitrogen oxide is eliminated from the steel mix. And this aggregate of residences can boom the lifestyles expectancy of essential plant equipment and decrease downtime.
16Mo3 ASTM Equivalent
Since relative ASTM(ASME) standards are most widely utilized in pipeline design, sometimes it is necessary to find the decent ASTM / ASME equivalent for the EN 16Mo3 steel. As a rule of thumb, their correlations are shown in below data sheet:
|Tensile Strength (MPa)||440 – 590|
|Yield Strength (MPa)||220 – 275|
|Elongation in 100 – 150mm (%)||19|
|Elongation in 16mm (%)||24|
|Max Thickness (mm)||250|
More about EN10028-2 16Mo3 steel grade,16Mo3 steel plate,contact [email protected]